Subject: Re: [PATCH] git-send-pack: Fix --all option when used with directory

From: Stanislav Kolotinskiy <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 24 Mar 2016 15:57:59 +0200

On 23/03/16 23:22, Jeff King wrote:
> Not that it matters for this bug, but for my own curiosity, what do you
> use "send-pack --all" for? I've generally assumed that nobody directly
> calls send-pack themselves these days, but of course we have no data to
> support that either way. So I am always interested to hear about unusual
> use cases.
Well, here at Assembla we're using send-pack --all for creating forks
from repos in a quick and efficient way.
> The tests are roughly grouped by functionality. send-pack tests are in
> the t540x range, and this should probably go there. Though I also
> suspect it could easily be added to the end of an existing test script,
> which is preferable.
I'm not really comfortable (yet) with git tests, so thanks for pointing 
to that.
I did see t5400, but thought that bug fixes should bring their own, 
separate,
test files. Also, thanks for all the explanations and for the adaptation 
of my
test to a way better version!

I'm going to update the patch and will send another version. Thanks again!

--
Regards,
Stanislav