Subject: [PATCH] doc: clarify that notes can be attached to any type of stored object

From: Sebastian Schuberth <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 1 Apr 2016 12:09:10 +0200

Signed-off-by: Sebastian Schuberth <[email-masked]>
---
 Documentation/git-notes.txt | 5 +++--
 1 file changed, 3 insertions(+), 2 deletions(-)

diff --git a/Documentation/git-notes.txt b/Documentation/git-notes.txt
index 8de3499..5375d98 100644
--- a/Documentation/git-notes.txt
+++ b/Documentation/git-notes.txt
@@ -234,8 +234,9 @@ which operation triggered the update, and the commit authorship is
 determined according to the usual rules (see linkgit:git-commit[1]).
 These details may change in the future.
 
-It is also permitted for a notes ref to point directly to a tree
-object, in which case the history of the notes can be read with
+It is also permitted for a notes ref to point to any other object in
+the object store besides commit objects, that is annotated tags, blobs
+or trees. For the latter, the history of the notes can be read with
 `git log -p -g <refname>`.

-- 
2.8.0.windows.1