Subject: Re: Small rerere in rebase regression

From: Johannes Sixt <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 24 May 2016 21:48:29 +0200

Am 24.05.2016 um 15:18 schrieb Johannes Schindelin:
> Hannes, could you quickly test whether
> https://github.com/dscho/git/tree/interactive-rebase calls rerere twice,
> too? (Please call interactive rebase with the GIT_USE_REBASE_HELPER=true
> to avoid running the interactive rebase twice.)
>
> I have a hunch that it does not call rerere twice, which would be a nice
> bonus in that patch thicket

It prints the message only once:

gittest@master:1007> GIT_USE_REBASE_HELPER=true git rebase -i side
error: could not apply fa62fea... master

When you have resolved this problem, run "git rebase --continue".
If you prefer to skip this patch, run "git rebase --skip" instead.
To check out the original branch and stop rebasing, run "git rebase 
--abort".

Recorded preimage for 'a'
Could not apply fa62fea... mastergittest@master|REBASE-i 1/1:1008> 5~

(Take note of the missing LF at the end of the message.)

Can this result be interpreted as another indication that the "git 
rerere" call in die_with_patch can be removed, or are the two git-rebase 
implementations too different to be comparable?

-- Hannes