Subject: Re: [PATCH v2 00/13] Reference iterators

From: Michael Haggerty <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 7 Jun 2016 13:58:19 +0200

On 06/04/2016 01:40 AM, Junio C Hamano wrote:
> Michael Haggerty <[email-masked]> writes:
> 
>> On 06/03/2016 11:33 PM, Junio C Hamano wrote:
>>> [...]
>>> Ah, that reminds me.  What's the doneness of the dependent topic?
>> [...]
> 
> What I meant was the doneness of mh/split-under-lock actually.

I don't know of any open issues or unaddressed feedback in
split-under-lock. I've gone over the code many times myself and am
pretty confident about it.

I just reviewed the series again, and one thing that I wasn't so happy
about was that it makes many changes to the ref transaction
error-handling code, but that code is not very well tested (and the
content of the error messages is not really tested at all). So I just
submitted another patch series to add more tests in this area [1]. Those
tests turned up a couple of cosmetic problems but nothing serious.

So as far as I know, this series is ready to go. But it is a big and
rather intricate change to an important area of the code, so I hope it
can get merged early in the next release cycle to get wider testing.

Michael

[1] http://thread.gmane.org/gmane.comp.version-control.git/296626