Subject: Re: [PATCH v2 12/13] dir_iterator: new API for iterating over a directory tree

From: Michael Haggerty <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 9 Jun 2016 14:35:22 +0200

On 06/09/2016 01:46 PM, Michael Haggerty wrote:
> On 06/07/2016 07:13 AM, Eric Sunshine wrote:
>> [...]
> Thanks for all your great comments!

Junio,

Given that ref-iterators is in next but also that you will soon be
rewinding next, would you like these tweaks as a re-roll of the branch,
as fixup patches to squash on top, or as a new patch series to be
administered separately? I don't think any of these changes are serious
enough to warrant holding up ref-iterators, so it's mostly a question of
what would be most convenient for you.

For the case that you prefer a re-roll, I have pushed it to my fork on
GitHub [1] as branch ref-iterators. This branch squashes in Ramsay's
patch [2], addresses Eric's comments from this thread, and incorporates
the whitespace fix that you made when incorporating v2.

List of changes relative to v2:

* In "refs: introduce an iterator interface":

  * Make two vtables private.

  * Add a whitespace fix from Junio's mh/ref-iterators.

* In "dir_iterator: new API for iterating over a directory tree":

  * Add and improve some comments and docstrings.

  * Fix some formatting problems.

  * Use a for rather than a while loop in `dir_iterator_abort()` to
    improve the clarity.

  * Warn on failures of `opendir()`, `readdir()`, and `closedir()`
    that can't be explained as a simple race.

* In "for_each_reflog(): reimplement using iterators", make the vtable
  private.

If you'd prefer a separate series, let me know and I'll prepare that.

Michael

[1] https://github.com/mhagger/git
[2] http://thread.gmane.org/gmane.comp.version-control.git/296801