Subject: Re: [PATCH v2 00/94] libify apply and use lib in am

From: Johannes Sixt <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 9 Jun 2016 23:10:09 +0200

Am 12.05.2016 um 20:02 schrieb Christian Couder:
> On Thu, May 12, 2016 at 7:06 PM, Johannes Sixt <[email-masked]> wrote:
>> Am 11.05.2016 um 15:16 schrieb Christian Couder:
>>>
>>> This is a patch series about libifying `git apply` functionality, and
>>> using this libified functionality in `git am`, so that no 'git apply'
>>> process is spawn anymore. This makes `git am` significantly faster, so
>>> `git rebase`, when it uses the am backend, is also significantly
>>> faster.
>>
>>
>> I'm including this in my build on Windows. It passes the test suite.
>
> Great! Thanks for the report!
>
>> I'll also use it in production for a while, although I am not a git-am
>> consumer nor do I use git-rebase without -i, hence, my tests will probably
>> only show that there is no bad fall-out.

Meanwhile, I have retrained my muscle memory to stop before typing "-i" 
after "rebase" for an opportunity to consider whether bare rebase can be 
used.

What should I say? I am impressed. It's like 100 times faster than 
rebase -i (on Windows). I'm now using it whenever I can, and more often 
than not I plan my rebase workflow so that I can go ahead without -i.

Can't wait to test a re-roll on top of cc/apply-introduce-state!

-- Hannes