Subject: Re: What's cooking in git.git (Jun 2016, #05; Thu, 16)

From: Michael Haggerty <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 18 Jun 2016 19:09:07 +0200

On 06/18/2016 12:05 AM, Lars Schneider wrote:
> 
>> On 17 Jun 2016, at 05:20, Junio C Hamano <[email-masked]> wrote:
>>
>> ...
>>
>> * mh/split-under-lock (2016-05-13) 33 commits
>>  (merged to 'next' on 2016-06-03 at 2e71330)
>> [...]
> 
> This topic seems break two git-p4 tests (t9801 and t9803) on next:
> https://travis-ci.org/git/git/jobs/137333785
> 
> According to git bisect the commit "ref_transaction_update(): 
> check refname_is_safe() at a minimum" (3da1f3) introduces the problem: 
> https://s3.amazonaws.com/archive.travis-ci.org/jobs/138457628/log.txt
> (scroll all the way down to see the bisecting)

Thanks for the bug report. I'll look into this as soon as I have the chance.

Do you happen to know if there is a way to get a copy of p4 without
paying for it so that I can run the tests locally?

Given the commit that you bisected to, one likely possibility is that
the test is trying to create a reference with an unsafe name, in the
sense of `refname_is_safe()`. Is that possible? Do you happen to know
what Git reference names that test case wants to create?

Michael