Subject: Re: [PATCH v4] config: add conditional include

From: Jakub Narębski <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 20 Jul 2016 18:39:13 +0200

W dniu 2016-07-16 o 18:47, Jeff King pisze:

> Heh. Don't get me wrong, I do think there's room for digging ourselves a
> deep hole with conditional includes, because anything dynamic opens up a
> question of _when_ it is evaluated, and in what context. So any
> condition should be something that we would consider static through the
> whole run of the program. Looking at the "gitdir" is right on the
> borderline of that, but I think it's OK, because we already have to
> invalidate any cached config when we setup the gitdir, because
> "$GIT_DIR/config" will have become a new source.
> 
> So I agree it's something we need to be thoughtful about, but I think
> this particular instance is useful and probably not going to bite us.

A question: we have a way to track where the value came from (tracking
includes). Do we have a way to check where the value didn't came from,
because for example error in the include condition?

-- 
Jakub Narębski