Subject: Re: [PATCH v3 0/2] rebase -i: extend rebase.missingCommitsCheck

From: Alban Gruin <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 6 Dec 2019 00:15:49 +0100

Hi Junio,

Le 04/12/2019 à 22:51, Junio C Hamano a écrit :
> Alban Gruin <[email-masked]> writes:
> 
>> To prevent mistakes when editing a branch, rebase features a knob,
>> rebase.missingCommitsCheck, to warn the user if a commit was dropped.
>> Unfortunately, this check is only effective for the initial edit, which
>> means that if you edit the todo list at a later point of the rebase and
>> drop a commit, no warnings or errors would be issued.
>> ...
>>  rebase-interactive.c          | 57 ++++++++++++++++++++----
>>  rebase-interactive.h          |  2 +
>>  sequencer.c                   | 53 ++++++----------------
>>  sequencer.h                   |  1 -
>>  t/t3404-rebase-interactive.sh | 83 +++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
>>  5 files changed, 147 insertions(+), 49 deletions(-)
> 
> This passes the self-test when tested by itself, but when merged
> near the tip of 'pu', it breaks t3404.116, it seems.
> 

After a quick investigation, it comes from
pw/post-commit-from-sequencer.  Since then, tests are expected to setup
the editor and run the commands using it in a subshell.  So the fix is
straightforward.

Perhaps I should take ag/sequencer-todo-updates, merge
pw/post-commit-from-sequencer, rebase this series onto the result, fix
the issue, and reroll the series?

Cheers,
Alban