Subject: Re: [PATCH 0/3] scalar: enable built-in FSMonitor

From: Victoria Dye <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 16 Aug 2022 11:42:07 -0700

Junio C Hamano wrote:
> "Victoria Dye via GitGitGadget" <[email-masked]> writes:
> 
>> This series enables the built-in FSMonitor [1] on 'scalar'-registered
>> repository enlistments. To avoid errors when unregistering an enlistment,
>> the FSMonitor daemon is explicitly stopped during 'scalar unregister'.
>>
>> Maintainer's note: this series has a minor conflict with
>> 'vd/scalar-generalize-diagnose'. Please let me know if there's anything else
>> I can provide (in addition to [2]) that would make resolution easier.
> 
> Thanks.  What's the doneness of the other series?  It has cooked for
> quite a while and I was wondering if it is ready for 'next' already,
> by the way.
> 

I wasn't planning on making any other changes unless more comments came in;
I personally think it's ready for 'next', but I'm not sure about reviewers'
thoughts. There seemed to be some new interest in reviewing at the IRC
stand-up yesterday [1], but I haven't heard anything since then. 

On the off chance that some major blocking review to
'vd/scalar-generalize-diagnose' comes in, I didn't want to base this series
on that one. But, if it *is* merged to 'next' before this one, I'll make
sure to rebase this series on top in subsequent versions to avoid the merge
conflict. 

[1] https://colabti.org/irclogger/irclogger_log/git-devel?date=2022-08-15#l83