Subject: RE: [PATCH v7 3/5] pull: get rid of unnecessary global variable

From: Felipe Contreras <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 14 Dec 2020 14:59:24 -0600

Junio C Hamano wrote:
> It is easy enough to do,

Yes.

> gives a more descriptive name to the variable,

I disagree.

> and there is no reason to make the code deliberately worse by ignoring
> improvement offered on the list.

I doubt any person contributing to the mailing is making the code
deliberately worse.

And I certainly did not ignore any improvement on the list. I responded
to the suggestion, I just disagreed it's actually an improvement.

In my opinion differences of opinion must be tolerated.

And I don't think any of that belongs in the commit message. "Gives a
more descriptive name to the variable" (in your opinion) should be
enough.

Anyway, I like the fact that your opinion and my opinion are clearly
demarcated in two different commits.

Cheers.

-- 
Felipe Contreras