Subject: RE: Nobody is THE one making contribution

From: Felipe Contreras <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 24 Dec 2020 09:37:47 -0600

Randall S. Becker wrote:
> On December 24, 2020 12:19 AM, Felipe Contreras wrote:
> > We can narrow down the part I'm talking about:
> > 
> >   d. I *agree* that a record of the contribution is maintained
> >      indefinitely.
> > 
> > I don't agree with that.
> 
> Clause d is important to maintain compatibility with GRPD[1] rules
> about maintaining identifying information. This clause is more than
> about the contribution. It is about consent to maintain your name and
> email on record indefinitely, as part of the contribution, in the git
> repository, without the ability to rescind the permission at some
> point in the future.

I didn't mean I don't agree that clause (d) should be there.

I mean if in a particular contribution I don't agree that a record of
the contribution is maintained indefinitely with my name, then clause
(d) is not met. And it is not actually my true contribution, but a
bastardization of it made by somebody else.

You shouldn't assign to my name changes I don't agree with in
perpetuity.

-- 
Felipe Contreras