Subject: Re: git-svn: problem with svn cp trunk/subdir tags/subdir_1.0

From: Ilya Basin <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 2 May 2013 22:19:26 +0400

IB> When creating a tag or branch from a subdir, a disjoint branch
IB> is created. Then git-svn re-imports the commits using this dir as
IB> strip path.

IB> Why? I would instead keep the current commit as parent, delete
IB> everything except the subdir and move its contents to root directory.

Even worse, git-svn does doble work, failing to find the parent branch:
The revision is imported 3 times (2 times creating the same SHA)

    r8803 = 7bfe8f8d950edd645c6f15193e639953c0b936ac (refs/remotes/trunk)
    Found possible branch point: file:///home/il/builds/sicap/gitsvn/prd_dmc4.svn/trunk/GUI => file:///home/il/builds/sicap/gitsvn/prd_dmc4.svn/tags/GUI_4.0.25, 8803
    Initializing parent: refs/remotes/tags/GUI_4.0.25@8803
    r6 = de89d3fd4dff9c44f1c79a316364196d0c81c9f6 (refs/remotes/tags/GUI_4.0.25@8803)
    ...
    r8803 = ffc46ad0e967636f2000d354481c0419a4c6cec4 (refs/remotes/tags/GUI_4.0.25@8803)
    Found branch parent: (refs/remotes/tags/GUI_4.0.25) ffc46ad0e967636f2000d354481c0419a4c6cec4
    Following parent with do_switch
    Successfully followed parent
    r8804 = 2cbe962f0fb58c3f2d236ca918941e353da45af4 (refs/remotes/tags/GUI_4.0.25)
    ...

    r8923 = ad38e54ca9bb6b26654571bb14d17301484437dc (refs/remotes/tags/GUI_4.0.26)
    r8924 = e1932e8fdeab291f54ed06064da3ae7eb1e3eddb (refs/remotes/trunk)
    Found possible branch point: file:///home/il/builds/sicap/gitsvn/prd_dmc4.svn/trunk/GUI => file:///home/il/builds/sicap/gitsvn/prd_dmc4.svn/tags/GUI_4.0.26, 8925
    Initializing parent: refs/remotes/tags/GUI_4.0.26@8925
    r6 = de89d3fd4dff9c44f1c79a316364196d0c81c9f6 (refs/remotes/tags/GUI_4.0.26@8925)
    ...
    r8803 = ffc46ad0e967636f2000d354481c0419a4c6cec4 (refs/remotes/tags/GUI_4.0.26@8925)
    r8805 = dac5886451f64e63d70b307bcc6f0c8ccf9c9882 (refs/remotes/tags/GUI_4.0.26@8925)
    ...