Subject: RE: how to rename remote branches, the long way

From: Felipe Contreras <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 28 Apr 2021 19:23:18 -0500

Antoine Beaupré wrote:
> On 2021-04-23 22:44:34, Felipe Contreras wrote:
> 
> [...]
> 
> Well, that attempt at working with git upstream went about as bad as I
> expected. I was afraid I'd get ignored or worse, get dragged into the
> naming debate.
> 
> Seems I got both, amazingly enough. I guess that I'll take that as a
> "no, not welcome here" and move on...

Do not take my response as representative of the views community.

I do believe there's value in your patch, I'm just not personally
interested in exploring it. I don't see much value in renaming branches,
especially on a distributed SCM where the names are replicated in
dozens, potentially thousands of repositories. But that's just me.

Cheers.

-- 
Felipe Contreras