Subject: Re: [PATCH] receive-pack: fix updateInstead with core.worktree

From: "Kristoffer Haugsbakk" <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 22 May 2026 18:21:07 +0200

On Fri, May 22, 2026, at 17:44, Alyssa Ross wrote:
> This used to work, but when push_to_checkout() started being called
> before push_to_deploy(), push_to_checkout()'s side effect of adding
> GIT_WORK_TREE to the same environment that would be used by
> push_to_deploy() wasn't taken into account.  Fix by only mutating the
> environment for push_to_commit(), rather than the shared environment.
>
> Fixes: a8cc594333 ("hooks: fix an obscure TOCTOU "did we just run a hook?" race")

This project doesn’t use `Fixes` trailers.[1] Mentions of commits go in
the commit message body (outside the trailers) using `git log -1
--format-reference <cmt>`.

The Linux project has uses for this structured information since there
is a lot of backporting of bugfixes. But I haven’t heard of a need for
that in this project.

🔗 1: https://lore.kernel.org/git/[email-masked]/

> Signed-off-by: Alyssa Ross <[email-masked]>
> ---
>[snip]