Subject: Re: [PATCH 0/3] pull: obvious fixes

From: Felipe Contreras <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 15 Jun 2021 05:41:09 -0500

Elijah Newren wrote:
> On Sat, Jun 12, 2021 at 9:59 PM Felipe Contreras
> <[email-masked]> wrote:
> >
> > These are obvious fixes that I sent many times in series like [1], but
> > for some reason they were never merged.
> >
> > There's absolutely no reason not to merge these.
> >
> > [1] https://lore.kernel.org/git/[email-masked]/
> 
> I was really surprised to see the Reviewed-by on patch 1, and did not
> remember what review I had done.  Unfortunately, since your new patch
> series aren't posted as responses to old ones (see
> https://lore.kernel.org/git/CABPp-BEEiPP7AEk4Wexw4_MDHcin2n8xkMowO=[email-masked]/T/#u
> for an example of what I mean), and since the cover letter you linked
> to didn't reference previous series,

But my cover letter did reference a previous series:

  https://lore.kernel.org/git/[email-masked]/

See patch 3, 4, and 5.

The problem is that these patches (along with many others) were part of
different series, that I reordered, split, and joined in order to make it
clear why all of them were needed. When I split them people didn't
understand the context, and when I joined them, suddenly there were too
many.

> there's no trace of where it came from.  I had to go digging to try to
> find it.  Any chance you could tweak your posts in the future to help
> reviewers follow how things have evolved?

I always do that, including this series.

In order to properly dig through all the versions of these particualr 3
patches it would probably take me an hour, and I don't know how much
value that would provide. I just picked the latest one I could find that
contained them.

-- 
Felipe Contreras