Subject: Re: [PATCH v3 4/4] CodingGuidelines: recommend singular they

From: Felipe Contreras <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 15 Jun 2021 12:26:35 -0500

Ævar Arnfjörð Bjarmason wrote:
> On Tue, Jun 15 2021, Derrick Stolee via GitGitGadget wrote:

> Anyway, I don't think I'll be participating in this topic any
> further. It seems you're not interested in pursuing alternate approaches
> that accomplish your goals, or in responding to specific point-by-point
> feedback on your series from myself and others.
> 
> I do think it would be a much better and respectful use of everyone's
> time on this ML if you clearly stated your unwillingness to deviate from
> the narrow approach in the initial version of a series you're
> submitting.

For what it's worth I also feel that's the case. 95% of my suggestions
for improvement were completely ignored, and it's only when the
maintainer threatened to merge my competing series, that I started
receiving responses.

I don't believe critical feedback has been welcomed, I don't believe my
time as a reviewer was respected, and mostly it felt like talking
to a wall.

I find it ironic that a patch series that boasts of promoting inclusion
and diversity completely ignores the most important diversity the
project should care about:

Diversity of thought.

While claiming to be trying to avoid hypothetical people from feeling
excluded, it actively excluded the opinions of actual people.

-- 
Felipe Contreras