Subject: Re: [PATCH v2 01/30] hook: add 'run' subcommand

From: Felipe Contreras <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 25 Jun 2021 14:08:34 -0500

Emily Shaffer wrote:
> On Mon, Jun 14, 2021 at 12:32:50PM +0200, Ævar Arnfjörð Bjarmason wrote:
> > 
> > In order to enable hooks to be run as an external process, by a
> > standalone Git command, or by tools which wrap Git, provide an external
> > means to run all configured hook commands for a given hook event.
> 
> From what it says on the box, I'm slightly worried about this patch
> doing too much at once, but let's see... (I think this is also a common
> thing you and I disagree on - how much work to do per commit - so feel
> free to ignore me ;) )

>From my cursory look this is the only big patch, and I trust the reason
Ævar made it so big is that he couldn't figure out a way to chop it into
smaller pieces that would somehow work.

> > Signed-off-by: Emily Shaffer <[email-masked]>
> > Signed-off-by: Ævar Arnfjörð Bjarmason <[email-masked]>
> 
> Thanks for including attribution - I appreciate it.

It's not really an attribution, since he used your code he is pretty
much obligated to put your s-o-b, see Developer Certificate of Origin

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Developer_Certificate_of_Origin

-- 
Felipe Contreras