Subject: Re: [PATCH v3 00/34] Builtin FSMonitor Feature

From: Felipe Contreras <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 06 Jul 2021 21:14:26 -0500

Johannes Schindelin wrote:
> On Tue, 6 Jul 2021, Ævar Arnfjörð Bjarmason wrote:
> 
> > I think we just disagree. I wouldn't call my opinion "unhelpful" any
> > more than yours.
> 
> You still misunderstand. This is not about any "opinion" of yours, it is
> about your delay tactics to make it deliberately difficult to finish this
> patch series,

The whole job of a reviewer is to *delay* the inclusion of the patch
series being reviewed until it has passed his/her personal standards.

Ævar is just doing his job (metaphorically).

> by raising the bar beyond what is reasonable for a single patch
> series.

It is not up to you to determine what is reasonable for a patch series,
and given that you have a vested interest you are also not an objective
observer.

I have hundreds of patches pending review, and I would love for anyone
to try find issues with them, even if I ultimately disagreed with their
assessment.

The Git project doesn't owe your patches any preferential treatment.
The review process will take as long as the review process takes. You
can't put deadlines on open source projects.

-- 
Felipe Contreras