Subject: Re: [PATCH v3 12/34] fsmonitor-fs-listen-macos: stub in backend for MacOS

From: Felipe Contreras <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 27 Jul 2021 12:45:25 -0500

Junio C Hamano wrote:
> I guess the blame goes both ways, though.  We all have worked with
> each other long enough to know which of your recipients are prone to
> go overly defensive when asked questions, and we should know that it
> would help to prepend "I am just being curious but..." to your
> questions whose answers do not make a huge difference at the end
> either way (or not asking such questions at all).

I disagree. It's not OK for contributors to react defensively when asked
questions, and in particular I don't think it's OK that some
contributors are punished for merely disagreeing, while others are given
a pass for snarling at feedback. This is double standards.

The Git project should not play favorites, and all contributors should
be asked to assume good faith.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wikipedia:Assume_good_faith

It should be implied that the feedback given is to try to improve the
project, it should not need to be stated.

-- 
Felipe Contreras