Subject: Re: [PATCH v2] Make 'trust_executable_bit' repository-scoped

From: Tian Yuchen <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 10 Mar 2026 00:23:17 +0800

Hi drona,

Junio C Hamano <[email-masked]> writes:

 > There were discussions on pros and cons moving global recipients of
 > configuration values into a dynamically allocated strucrure...
 > and excellent pieces of advice have been given by Phillip Wood.
 > If anything, a change like this should ask for input from him.

That makes sense. I think you should CC him whenever you've thoroughly 
polished the patch or when you encounter unresolved issues.

 > This "v2" applies to a mythical codebase where trust_executable_bit
 > is somehow a member in the settings structure, which I do not think
 > we have.

Given Junio's observation, it seems this iteration is targeting an 
incorrect or non-existent codebase structure.

I'll hold off on further reviews of the specific implementation details
until the base codebase issue is sorted out and the structural design
(incorporating Phillip's previous advice) is settled.

Looking forward to the updated version!

Thanks,

Yuchen