Subject: Re: [PATCH v2 1/2] cocci: add headings to and reword README

From: Felipe Contreras <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 02 May 2023 13:29:16 -0600

Ævar Arnfjörð Bjarmason wrote:
> On Thu, Apr 27 2023, Glen Choo via GitGitGadget wrote:
> 
> Re subject: I don't per-se mind the "add headings" formatting change,
> but doesn't it have headings already? I.e.:
> 
> > -Git-specific tips & things to know about how we run "spatch":
> > +== Git-specific tips & things to know about how we run "spatch":
> >  
> >   * The "make coccicheck" will piggy-back on
> >     "COMPUTE_HEADER_DEPENDENCIES". If you've built a given object file
> 
> I think it was clear before that that was a "heading", at least in the
> sense that it summarized what the indented part that followed was
> discussing.
> 
> I think what this is really doing is converting this part of the doc to
> asciidoc, but is anything actually rendering it as asciidoc?

Personally I write many documents in AsciiDoc format even if I'm not
using asciidoc, as I find them easier to read.

Moreover, one can always do `:set ft=asciidoc` in vim to see some syntax
colors for an easier read.

> If we are converting it to asciidoc shouldn't the bullet-points be
> un-indented too? (I'm not sure, but couldn't find a part of our build
> that actually feeds this through asciidoc, so spot-checking that wasn't
> trivial...)

You can just do `asciidoctor doc.txt` with any document and it will
generate an HTML page.

-- 
Felipe Contreras