Subject: [PATCH v4 4/6] ls-remote doc: show peeled tags in examples

From: "Sean Allred via GitGitGadget" <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 19 May 2023 04:17:52 +0000

From: Sean Allred <[email-masked]>

Without `--refs`, this command will show peeled tags. Make this clearer
in the examples to further mitigate the possibility of surprises in
consuming scripts.

Signed-off-by: Sean Allred <[email-masked]>
---
 Documentation/git-ls-remote.txt | 8 ++++----
 1 file changed, 4 insertions(+), 4 deletions(-)

diff --git a/Documentation/git-ls-remote.txt b/Documentation/git-ls-remote.txt
index af71cf4a92d..aabc1a7b90b 100644
--- a/Documentation/git-ls-remote.txt
+++ b/Documentation/git-ls-remote.txt
@@ -106,10 +106,10 @@ c781a84b5204fb294c9ccc79f8b3baceeb32c061	refs/heads/seen
 
 $ git remote add korg http://www.kernel.org/pub/scm/git/git.git
 $ git ls-remote --tags korg v\*
-d6602ec5194c87b0fc87103ca4d67251c76f233a	refs/tags/v0.99
-f25a265a342aed6041ab0cc484224d9ca54b6f41	refs/tags/v0.99.1
-c5db5456ae3b0873fc659c19fafdde22313cc441	refs/tags/v0.99.2
-7ceca275d047c90c0c7d5afb13ab97efdf51bd6e	refs/tags/v0.99.3
+485a869c64a68cc5795dd99689797c5900f4716d	refs/tags/v2.39.2
+cbf04937d5b9fcf0a76c28f69e6294e9e3ecd7e6	refs/tags/v2.39.2^{}
+d4ca2e3147b409459955613c152220f4db848ee1	refs/tags/v2.40.0
+73876f4861cd3d187a4682290ab75c9dccadbc56	refs/tags/v2.40.0^{}
 ----
 
 SEE ALSO
-- 
gitgitgadget