Subject: Re: [PATCH v2 09/11] sparse-checkout: use hashmaps for cone patterns

From: Derrick Stolee <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 19 Sep 2019 16:59:23 -0400

On 9/19/2019 10:43 AM, Derrick Stolee via GitGitGadget wrote:
> @@ -848,6 +953,10 @@ static int add_patterns_from_buffer(char *buf, size_t size,
>  	int i, lineno = 1;
>  	char *entry;
>  
> +	pl->use_cone_patterns = core_sparse_checkout_cone;
> +	hashmap_init(&pl->recursive_hashmap, pl_hashmap_cmp, NULL, 0);
> +	hashmap_init(&pl->parent_hashmap, pl_hashmap_cmp, NULL, 0);
> +

Just a head's-up to anyone looking at this series: this is not the
right place to set use_cone_patterns (without passing a flag or
something). This same path is called from the .gitignore machinery,
so if you have a non-cone pattern in your .gitignore you will start
seeing warnings with core.sparseCheckoutCone=true.

I figured it out only via integration tests with our C# layer. In
v2 I'll fix this and add a test to make sure it stays fixed.

Otherwise, everything is working as expected.

-Stolee