Subject: Re: [PATCH v2 00/17] Refactor chunk-format into an API

From: Derrick Stolee <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 4 Feb 2021 21:27:04 -0500

On 2/4/2021 9:08 PM, Junio C Hamano wrote:
> "Derrick Stolee via GitGitGadget" <[email-masked]> writes:
> 
>> This is a restart on the topic previously submitted [1] but dropped because
>> ak/corrected-commit-date was still in progress. This version is based on
>> that branch.
> 
> I've read the topic through, and found it a pleasant read.  There
> are some questionable use of integer types, some uneven application
> of casts, and the reading side API is somewhat underdocumented, but
> the overall direction looked quite sane.
> 
> I am undecided if I should expect a reroll, or declare what we have
> "already good enough" for 'next' and expect incremental refinements,
> though.  A reroll that catches all nits would certainly make the
> resulting topic's history nicer for future developers to work with,
> but its also a pain to re-read essentially the same patches again,
> so...

I appreciate the willingness to take the topic as-is, but I think
you've given me enough interesting comments to deserve a re-roll.
I will provide one tomorrow and hope that the range-diff is a
pleasant read ;).

Thanks,
-Stolee