Subject: Re: need help with git show :1:...

From: layer <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 08 Apr 2009 11:10:09 -0700

Elijah Newren <[email-masked]> wrote:

>> Hi,
>> 
>> On Wed, Apr 8, 2009 at 12:02 PM, layer <[email-masked]> wrote:
>> > Elijah Newren <[email-masked]> wrote:
>> >>> Does the file have conflicts?  Try
>> >>> git ls-files -s src/c/sock.c
>> >
>> > Yes, it did have conflicts.  I resolved the conflicts via editing, but
>> > want to look at the other versions before finalizing the edits.
>> >
>> > quadra% git ls-files -s src/c/sock.c
>> > 100644 ef6c9b94c678dc79760edfd15a0796b3726b76f6 0       src/c/sock.c
>> 
>> That suggests that the file is not unmerged, i.e. that there aren't
>> any remaining conflicts.  This explains why your commands wouldn't
>> work unless you used stage 0 instead of 1 or 2.  Now, why there
>> weren't conflicts when you thought there were?  I have no idea, unless
>> perhaps you did a stray git add src/c/sock.c.

It was several of weeks ago that I started this merge, and I remember
playing with git show then and it worki.  I might have overwriten
the file with one of the show's and done manual editing that way.  I
don't know if this makes a difference.

How can I redo the merge for just this file?  Is that possible?  I
think I'd definitely like to start over on *just this one file*.

Thanks.