Subject: Re: [PATCH 00/24] revision.[ch]: add and use release_revisions()

From: Derrick Stolee <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 9 Mar 2022 09:34:55 -0500

On 3/9/2022 8:16 AM, Ævar Arnfjörð Bjarmason wrote:
> == For Junio ==
> 
> This has a trivially resolved conflict with Derrick Stolee's
> aaf251cdc5c (revision: put object filter into struct rev_info,
> 2022-03-08) currently in "seen" in builtin/rev-list.c.
> 
> The resolution is to just keep the "goto cleanup" in place of "return
> 0" in the conflicting lines, but to otherwise keep Derrick's version.
> 
> It will pass with/without SANITIZE=leak when applied to both "master"
> and "seen". I omitted one test change (described in a relevant commit
> message) due to the latter not being true (no fault of "seen", just a
> new leaking command being added to a test).

Since ds/partial-bundles will soon be updated in v4 to change the
pointer added to struct rev_info, it is even more likely that there
will be more important things to do with regards to clearing the
memory of rev_infos based on that change. It might be better to wait
for that update (coming soon) and then rebase directly on top.

Thanks,
-Stolee