Subject: Re: [PATCH] revision: mark blobs needed for resolve-undo as reachable

From: Derrick Stolee <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 13 Jun 2022 11:15:03 -0400

On 6/9/2022 7:44 PM, Junio C Hamano wrote:

> +	struct string_list *resolve_undo = istate->resolve_undo;
> +
> +	if (!resolve_undo)
> +		return 0;
> +
> +	for_each_string_list_item(item, resolve_undo) {

I see this is necessary since for_each_string_list_item() does
not handle NULL lists. After attempting to allow it to handle
NULL lists, I see that the compiler complains about the cases
where it would _never_ be NULL, so that change appears to be
impossible.
 
The patch looks good. I liked the comments for the three phases
of the test.

Thanks,
-Stolee