Subject: [PATCH 2/2] rebase: avoid using the comma operator unnecessarily

From: "Johannes Schindelin via GitGitGadget" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 25 Mar 2025 08:01:50 +0000

From: Johannes Schindelin <[email-masked]>

The comma operator is a somewhat obscure C feature that is often used by
mistake and can even cause unintentional code flow. Better use a
semicolon instead.

Signed-off-by: Johannes Schindelin <[email-masked]>
---
 builtin/rebase.c | 2 +-
 1 file changed, 1 insertion(+), 1 deletion(-)

diff --git a/builtin/rebase.c b/builtin/rebase.c
index d4715ed35d7..62bdf7276f7 100644
--- a/builtin/rebase.c
+++ b/builtin/rebase.c
@@ -1843,7 +1843,7 @@ int cmd_rebase(int argc,
 	strbuf_addf(&msg, "%s (start): checkout %s",
 		    options.reflog_action, options.onto_name);
 	ropts.oid = &options.onto->object.oid;
-	ropts.orig_head = &options.orig_head->object.oid,
+	ropts.orig_head = &options.orig_head->object.oid;
 	ropts.flags = RESET_HEAD_DETACH | RESET_ORIG_HEAD |
 			RESET_HEAD_RUN_POST_CHECKOUT_HOOK;
 	ropts.head_msg = msg.buf;
-- 
gitgitgadget