Subject: Re: [PATCH 07/10] test-lib.sh: add a GIT_TEST_PASSING_SANITIZE_LEAK=check mode

From: Derrick Stolee <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 19 Jul 2022 21:43:10 -0400

On 7/19/2022 5:05 PM, Ævar Arnfjörð Bjarmason wrote:

> +GIT_TEST_PASSING_SANITIZE_LEAK=check checks that our
> +"TEST_PASSES_SANITIZE_LEAK=true" markings are current. The "check" is
> +particularly useful with "--immediate", but otherwise acts the same
> +for tests that have "TEST_PASSES_SANITIZE_LEAK=true" set. For those
> +that don't have it set it runs them, and considers them passing

nit: "...that don't have it set it runs them" the two uses of "it" are
confusing here. Perhaps...

 In this mode, run the tests without TEST_PASSES_SANITIZE_LEAK=true
 and consider the test passing without errors as a failure...

> +without errors a failure (by providing "--invert-exit-code"). Thus the
> +"check" mode can be used e.g. with "git rebase --exec" to ensure that
> +there's a 1=1 mapping between "TEST_PASSES_SANITIZE_LEAK=true" and
> +those tests that pass under "SANITIZE=leak".

nit: "1:1" is a better shortening of "one-to-one", but I'd use the
latter anyway.

Thanks,
-Stolee