Subject: Re: [GSoC][Draft Proposal v4] Refactoring in order to reduce Git's global state

From: Tian Yuchen <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 2 Mar 2026 00:58:17 +0800

Hi Phillip,

Thank you so much for taking the time to review both my patch and my 
GSoC proposal draft.

You are right on all points:

1. I now agree that commit encoding being a user/environment preference 
rather than a repository-specific attribution. My example was indeed a 
flawed assumption.

2. Thank you for catching the contradiction between my patch and my 
proposal's guiding principles. However, I changed it to lazy-loading not 
because I didn't follow the workflow I wrote, but because I thought the 
original eagerly parsing behavior was *incorrect*. But since I now 
understand point 1 above, this is no longer an issue to me anymore.

3. I deeply appreciate you pointing out that the GSoC ideas page might 
be misleading. I will study through the link you provide.

Thank you again for steering me in the right direction!

Regards,

Yuchen