Subject: Re: A tour of git: the basics (and notes on some unfriendly messages)

From: Junio C Hamano <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 28 Sep 2007 17:45:30 -0700

Thanks for starting this.  It was an interesting read.

----------------------------------------------------------------

#2.2.1

"git help init" would give man page.  The time when the short
help is given is when you mistype options, as in:

	$ git init --huh?

#2.4

	By default this command prints a brief paragraph of output...

Not really.  The default is to give you the entire log message,
unless you somehow made --pretty=short the default with your
copy of git.

	The "git log" tool doesn't display the Committer...

You can ask it to, so "by default" is missing.

#2.7.1

	But some poepl, (notably Linus...

typo.

#2.7.6

	for which "git commit --amend" was

was what?  "invented" perhaps?

#2.8.3

	Using "git remote" to pull changes other repositories

"changes from other repositories".

----------------------------------------------------------------