Subject: Re: [PATCH] Honor HP C's noreturn attribute

From: Junio C Hamano <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 08 Mar 2011 11:00:43 -0800

Michal Rokos <[email-masked]> writes:

> HP C for Integrity servers (Itanium) gained support for noreturn
> attribute sometime in 2006. It was released in Compiler Version A.06.10
> and made available in July 2006.
>
> The __HP_cc define detects the HP C compiler version. Precede the
> __GNUC__ check so it works well when compiling with HP C using -Agcc
> option that enables partial support for the GNU C dialect. The -Agcc
> defines the __GNUC__ too.
>
> Signed-off-by: Michal Rokos <[email-masked]>

We tend to prefer new code be appended at the end of if/elif/.../then/fi
cascade when there is no strong reason to do otherwise; your log message
clearly explains why this particular #if needs to come before the existing
one.

I love it when people write a very readable log message to explain why the
patch _has_ to be the way it is.  Very good job.

Except for the overlooooooooong lines in the message, which I line-wrapped
locally before applying, that is.

Thanks.