Subject: Re: [PATCH] rerere: Separate libgit and builtin functions

From: Junio C Hamano <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 09 Jul 2008 11:25:12 -0700

Johannes Schindelin <[email-masked]> writes:

> On Wed, 9 Jul 2008, Stephan Beyer wrote:
>
>>  Makefile                     |    2 +
>>  builtin-rerere.c             |  324 +++---------------------------------------
>>  builtin-rerere.c => rerere.c |  133 +-----------------
>>  rerere.h                     |    9 ++
>>  4 files changed, 32 insertions(+), 436 deletions(-)
>
> Heh, that sounds nice!  Deleting way more lines than adding!  :-)
>
>>  copy builtin-rerere.c => rerere.c (66%)
>
> Oh, well :-)

We may want to fix this, though.  I haven't verified by looking at the
diffstat summary code, but what I think is happening is that the bogus 436
is the result of counting the lines removed from builtin-rerere.c (that
lost many of its lines to rerere.c), and also counting the lines that were
remove from rerere.c pretending as if rerere.c had full contents of
builtin-rerere.c initially (i.e., counting the lines that were _not_ moved
to rerere.c).

It may just be the matter of subtracting the size of the preimage of
copied files (in this case, builtin-rerere.c that was used to initialize
rerere.c) from the grand total of deleted lines.  I dunno.