Subject: Re: [PATCH, next version] git bisect: introduce 'fixed' and 'unfixed'

From: Junio C Hamano <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 28 Jun 2008 10:52:19 -0700

Johannes Schindelin <[email-masked]> writes:

>> Johannes Schindelin <[email-masked]> writes:
>> 
>> > When you look for a fix instead of a regression, it can be quite hard 
>> > to twist your brain into choosing the correct bisect command between 
>> > 'git bisect bad' and 'git bisect good'.
>> 
>> Hmm, I do not currently see any differene between master and next version
>> of bisect.  In what way is this 'next' version?
>
> It has a "BAD" and a "GOOD" variable that are reset to "fixed" and 
> "unfixed" if the user said "fixed" or "unfixed".

Ah, Ok, you did not mean "this is meant to applied to 'next' branch", but
meant "[PATCH v$N]" for some N > 1.

> But that, together with the visualize part, would take more time than I am 
> willing to spend on this issue.

Other people would find itch (or they may not).  Either way is fine.