Subject: Re: [PATCH] Fix formatting in git-config(1)

From: Junio C Hamano <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 22 Jun 2012 16:52:44 -0700

Junio C Hamano <[email-masked]> writes:

> Andreas Schwab <[email-masked]> writes:
>
>> Remove the open block markers from the status.showUntrackedFiles entry
>> as they cause all remaining entries to be indented one level too much.
>
> Hrm...
>
> I looked at http://git-htmldocs.googlecode.com/git/git-config.html
> and am unsure what "one level too much" you are referring to.  Also
> looking at the output from
>
> $ git config --help
>
> I see (RHS end truncated to avoid line wrapping in MUA):
>
>     status.showUntrackedFiles
>         By default, git-status(1) and git-commit(1) show files whi
>         tracked by Git. Directories which contain only untracked f
>         the directory name only. Showing untracked files means tha
>         lstat() all all the files in the whole repository, which m
>         systems. So, this variable controls how the commands displ
>         files. Possible values are:
>
>         ·    no - Show no untracked files.
>
>         ·    normal - Show untracked files and directories.
>
>         ·    all - Show also individual files in untracked directo
>
>         If this variable is not specified, it defaults to normal. 
>         overridden with the -u|--untracked-files option of git-sta
>         commit(1).

Worse yet, with AsciiDoc 8.5.2, here is what I see with your patch
(again, RHS end truncated to avoid line wrapping in MUA):

    status.showUntrackedFiles

            By default, git-status(1) and git-commit(1) show files w
            Directories which contain only untracked files, are show
            Showing untracked files means that Git needs to lstat() 
            repository, which might be slow on some systems. So, thi
            displays the untracked files. Possible values are:

               * no - Show no untracked files.

               * normal - Show untracked files and directories.

               * all - Show also individual files in untracked direc

                 If this variable is not specified, it defaults to n
                 with the -u|--untracked-files option of git-status(

So...