Subject: Re: finding deleted file names

From: Junio C Hamano <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 05 Jul 2008 22:17:55 -0700

"Geoff Russell" <[email-masked]> writes:

> On 7/4/08, Junio C Hamano <[email-masked]> wrote:
>> "Geoff Russell" <[email-masked]> writes:
>>
>>  > ... I've made a bunch of changes to a repository, a few weeks later I
>>
>> > figure I've deleted a file I need but am not really sure of its name. So
>>  > I want to list the files that I've deleted during the past few weeks.
>>
>>
>> $ git log --pretty=oneline --diff-filter=D --name-only -M --since=90.days
>
> This is good, but on my version 1.5.5.1, is giving the commit-ids +
> comments as well
> as the names.

Oh, I very much intended to give them, as --since=90.days is very broad
that you would want to know which exact commit to learn when the found
change was made anyway.