Subject: What's cooking in git.git (topics)

From: Junio C Hamano <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 23 Apr 2007 00:04:09 -0700

Here are the topics that have been cooking.  Commits prefixed
with '-' are only in 'pu' while commits prefixed with '+' are
in 'next'.  The topics list the commits in reverse chronological
order.

* jc/the-index (Sun Apr 1 23:26:07 2007 -0700) 2 commits
 + Make read-cache.c "the_index" free.
 + Move index-related variables into a structure.

I gave a brief look at the beginning of libification in
lcapitulino's repository at repo.or.cz, and I think this is
related to his topic, so instead of leaving this in limbo, I'm
planning to merge this in v1.5.2-rc1, hopefully to make the
later merge easier.

* mk/diff (Sun Apr 22 23:56:22 2007 -0700) 6 commits
 - Diff between two blobs should take mode changes into account now.
 - use mode of the tree in git-diff, if <tree>:<file> syntax is used
 - store mode in rev_list, if <tree>:<filename> syntax is used
 - add add_object_array_with_mode
 - add get_sha1_with_mode
 - Add S_IFINVALID mode

This attempts to do something we wanted to do for a long time
(the comment removed from the top of builtin-diff.c with this
series has been there for almost a year).  I haven't tried it
yet myself; it needs a few test.  This may help some parts of
gitweb so it would be desirable if we can fast-track this by
v1.5.2-rc1.

* jc/attr (Sat Apr 21 03:14:13 2007 -0700) 2 commits
 - Add 'filter' attribute and external filter driver definition.
 - Add 'ident' conversion.

As 'ident' conversion is stateless, I do not mind too much
including it in v1.5.2-rc1.  On the other hand, the arbitrary
'filter' is quite contentious, although the character-code
conversion example I gave myself might be a good enough reason
for people to want it.  Undecided.

* lt/objalloc (Mon Apr 16 22:13:09 2007 -0700) 1 commit
 - Make the object lookup hash use a "object index" instead of a
   pointer
* jc/blame (Tue Mar 27 01:58:01 2007 -0700) 4 commits
 - git-blame: optimize get_origin() from linear search to hash-
   lookup.
 - git-blame: pass "struct scoreboard *" pointers around.
 - blame: lift structure definitions up
 - blame -s: suppress author name and time.
* jc/diff (Mon Dec 25 01:08:50 2006 -0800) 2 commits
 - test-para: combined diff between HEAD, index and working tree.
 - para-walk: walk n trees, index and working tree in parallel

These are not considered for v1.5.2.