Subject: What's in git.git (stable)

From: Junio C Hamano <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 17 Dec 2006 23:26:18 -0800

I've updated 'master' with a handful topics along with a few
fixes:

 - Jakub's gitweb updates;

 - blame A..B's output shows lines attributed to the boundary
   commit with commit SHA-1 prefixed with '^';

 - "branch -m $old $new" renames branch.$old.* configuration
   variables to branch.$new.*;

 - "git add A/B C", when A and C/D used to be tracked files, now
   properly works, it used to result in a bogus index you cannot
   write-tree out;

 - "git show-branch --reflog=<n> <branch>" shows latest n entries
   of the reflog of the branch.

 - "git fetch" between repositories with tons of refs had huge
   performance problem; hopefully fixed.

* The 'master' branch has these since the last announcement.

   Jakub Narebski (8):
      gitweb: Don't use Content-Encoding: header in git_snapshot
      gitweb: Show target of symbolic link in "tree" view
      gitweb: Add generic git_object subroutine to display object of any type
      gitweb: Hyperlink target of symbolic link in "tree" view (if possible)
      gitweb: SHA-1 in commit log message links to "object" view
      gitweb: Do not show difftree for merges in "commit" view
      gitweb: Add title attribute to ref marker with full ref name
      gitweb: Add "next" link to commit view

   Johannes Schindelin (2):
      add a function to rename sections in the config
      git-branch: rename config vars branch.<branch>.*, too

   Junio C Hamano (11):
      git-blame: show lines attributed to boundary commits differently.
      update-index: make D/F conflict error a bit more verbose.
      git-add: remove conflicting entry when adding.
      Fix check_file_directory_conflict().
      Fix mis-mark-up in git-merge-file.txt documentation
      markup fix in svnimport documentation.
      Teach show-branch how to show ref-log data.
      git-fetch: Avoid reading packed refs over and over again
      avoid accessing _all_ loose refs in git-show-ref --verify
      show-ref: fix --quiet --verify
      show-ref: fix --verify --hash=length

   Quy Tonthat (1):
      Documentation: new option -P for git-svnimport

   Shawn Pearce (1):
      Default GIT_COMMITTER_NAME to login name in recieve-pack.