Subject: Re: What's cooking in git.git (topics)

From: Junio C Hamano <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 17 Feb 2008 10:10:50 -0800

Matthias Kestenholz <[email-masked]> writes:

> On Sat, 2008-02-16 at 19:59 -0800, Junio C Hamano wrote:
>> [...]
>
> What about color.ui? I am still interested in a single central
> configuration variable to enable colored output from git. I know that I
> sent a proposal patch at a bad time.

Yeah, I liked the general idea, and was about to forget.  I
vaguely recall there was a design disagreement between you and
Jeff King (perhaps others as well)?

I appreciate a reminder like your message, but I do not want to
be in the business of fishing for old patches that may or may
not { apply to | work well with } the updated base anymore for
everybody.  I wish I had the mental bandwidth to do so, but it
simply becomes infeasible in the longer run.

Could you (and anybody who has "sent but about to be or
suspected to be forgotten" changes) respin, retest and resend
please?