Subject: Re: [PATCH 00/21] git remote: set-head and new show output

From: Junio C Hamano <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 26 Feb 2009 09:04:19 -0800

Jay Soffian <[email-masked]> writes:

> This series replaces three related topics from pu:
>
>   js/remote-set-head
>   jk/head-lookup
>   js/remote-display
> ...
> So I think this series is clean, and doesn't need an extensive
> re-review, but a quick look-over would be appreciated.

I have looked at the diff between:

 (1) the above three topics merged to 'next'; and

 (2) this 21-patch series applied to 'master' then merged to 'next'.

There indeed does not seem major changes, but there are some:

 - get_head_names() lost "const char *remote_name" parameter that was
   unused (good);

 - guess_remote_head() uses a local variable "r" instead of using an
   additional variable "m" (does not matter);

 - "builtin-send-pack.c" lost otherwise unused inclusion of "tag.h"
   (good);

 - one_local_ref() and get_local_heads() are moved around (does not
   matter);

 - t5505-remote.sh has one more test (ok).

 - The old series had distracting removal of a few blank lines in
   cmd_clone() and get_remote_ref_states(), but with this round these are
   gone (good).

Overall, the new series certainly looks cleaner.

> I signed off on Jeff's patches; please remove my SoB from those if it is
> inappropriate for me to have done so.

That is perfectly fine.

Thanks.