Subject: Re: A note from the maintainer

From: Junio C Hamano <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 08 Jan 2008 02:03:21 -0800

Jakub Narebski <[email-masked]> writes:

> Junio C Hamano <[email-masked]> writes:
>
>> * IRC and Mailing list
>  
>> When you point at a message in a mailing list archive, using
>> gmane is often the easiest to follow by readers, like this:
>> 
>>         http://thread.gmane.org/gmane.comp.version-control.git/27/focus=217
>> 
>> as it also allows people who subscribe to the mailing list as
>> gmane newsgroup to "jump to" the article.
>
> Isn't it better to give Message-ID (perhaps with addition to
> some archive URLs)?

Then please do so.  I have no problem with that.

But I am talking about practices of people who give pointer to
list archives as URL in this section, and I am just sick and
tired of seeing references to marc.info that does not give you
useful threaded interface.

> What about "offcuts" branch?

What about it?  It is not that relevant to people new to the
community.