Subject: Re: [PATCH v2 3/3] count-objects: add human-readable size option

From: Junio C Hamano <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 14 Aug 2008 17:10:25 -0700

Marcus Griep <[email-masked]> writes:

> Petr Baudis wrote:
>>> +-H::
>> 
>> Can you guess what would I bug you about? ;-)
>
> If we get '-h', I'll submit another patch :-P

Wasn't the problem about documenting the addition of pack size, which is
not about this human-readable option?

>> If it's non-human-readable anyway, why are you dividing this by 1024? At
>> any rate, it is not obvious at all that the size-pack is not actually
>> size-pack but size-pack/1024. You should either add the (fixed) unit
>> string behind or name it size-pack-kb - or just not divide it at all?
>
> I divide by 1024 here because the loose object size is reported in KiB.
> The total that ends up in size_pack is in B, hence to be consistent, I
> report the pack size in KiB as well.

I thought this part was ok without room for dispute.