Subject: Re: [PATCH] pack-objects: Print a message describing the number of threads for packing

From: Junio C Hamano <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 26 Feb 2008 01:19:14 -0800

Jeff King <[email-masked]> writes:

> On Tue, Feb 26, 2008 at 12:00:05AM -0800, Junio C Hamano wrote:
>
>> >> +	if (progress)
>> >> +		fprintf(stderr, "Using %d pack threads.\n",
>> >> +			delta_search_threads);
>> >
>> > I just noticed that this was in next.
>> 
>> Please send in a fix-up patch to remove it.  I noticed it while
>> reviewing the patch, and even commented on it, but I somehow
>> forgot that this leftover debugging message disqualified the
>> series from 'next' when I was merging topics to 'next'.
>
> Are you sure you are thinking of the same message?

Ah, no.

But now you mention it, I tend to agree with you.  This is
primarily of interest for git developers and I do not think the
end users would care.  Maybe under --verbose or --debug option
(but I do not think we have --debug option anywhere).