Subject: Re: [PATCHv4 0/2] git submodule: normalize paths before adding

From: Junio C Hamano <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 03 Mar 2009 08:32:02 -0800

Michael J Gruber <[email-masked]> writes:

> This is a rewrite taking into account the advice given by Junio and J6t.
> In particular, the tests are good citizens w.r.t. cd'ing around now, the
> sed expressions work at least on AIX 4.3.3, and iterations of .. are
> tested for and handled correctly.
>
> Sorry I didn't get around to finishing this earlier. Hope this doesn't
> mess up any schedules.

No worries.

Other than obvious documentation fixes, anything sent after -rc0 will not
hit 'master' unless it is a fix, and after -rc1 nothing will hit 'master'
unless it is a regression fix.  Even if some future version of your patch
is queued to 'pu' or 'next, it won't affect the schedule for 1.6.2.

Traditionally, those patches that are irrelevant to the upcoming release
during the -rc period have been discussed on the list and then discarded,
with a request to be resubmit after the release.  Even though I have been
queuing them to 'pu' or 'next' as an experiment during this cycle, it has
not changed that during the -rc period, any new topic will not disrupt the
upcoming release.