Subject: Re: [PATCH,v2] git-bundle(1): add no references required simplest case

From: Junio C Hamano <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 03 Feb 2009 18:07:47 -0800

[email-masked] writes:

> Junio, could you combine your two recent versions,
> http://news.gmane.org/group/gmane.comp.version-control.git/thread=103575/force_load=t/focus=108030
> into a final one and commit it. No need to credit me. This is already
> way over my head.  Note however that the git clone example disappeared
> from your final version. Also perhaps give a simplest example of git
> pull. Indeed, much of your discussion is valuable and should be
> included on the man page. Whatever you commit is fine. I would just
> like to "close this bug" without having all the valuable documentation
> you wrote for it just go down the drain, which will certainly happen
> if I didn't send this message...

The former was shot down by Johannes and I agree with his reasoning, and
the latter is merely "something like" outline that is not good enough for
inclusion.  I personally do not consider there is a *bug* in the current
documentation so it is not much of my itch to scratch either.

Could you convince me that I should spend more time on that filling the
blanks in "something line" outline myself, instead of spending my git time
on some other areas, please?