Subject: Unresolved issues

From: Junio C Hamano <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 19 Apr 2008 01:19:22 -0700

Here is an "issues" list I am keeping track of on the back of my head (and
in "TODO" file on 'todo' branch, which is not updated often enough).

The tail end of this list is probably a bit stale, as I am running out of
time tonight and did not have enough time to check the current status.
Please spot issues that have been resolved and report them.

----------------------------------------------------------------

Possible bug not diagnosed yet

* "git commit --interactive" allows same tree as parent to be recorded

Message-ID: <[email-masked]>

----------------------------------------------------------------

Issues that are unconcluded or need a fresh infusion of kerosene to
firestart them again.

* adding across symlinks (me)

Message-ID: <[email-masked]>

* cvsserver improvements (Fredrik Noring)

Needs third-party confirmation and then properly applicable patches.

* reworking rebase interactive (Jörg Sommer)

Message-Id: <[email-masked]>
Message-Id: <[email-masked]>

* log --graph (Adam Simpkins)

Message-ID: <[email-masked]>

* --pretty=format:%d (Dscho)

* SP in path to $GIT_DIR breaks some scripts and many tests (Bryan Donlan)

Message-ID: <[email-masked]>

* Prepare cvsimport for fixed cvsps (David Mansfield)

Message-Id: <[email-masked]>

* ff=only (Sverre Hvammen Johansen)
  $gmane/78250

* more help backends (Christian Couder)
  $gmane/78150

* cvsserver updates (Damien Diederen with help by Frank Lichtenheld)
  $gmane/78188

* rewriting annotated tags in filter-branch (Brandon Casey)
  $gmane/78286

* fsck --lost-found (me)
  $gmane/78267

* core.inithook (Dscho)
  $gmane/78123

* receive.localBranches = { refuse | allow } (Dscho)
  $gmane/78065

* autosetting core.ignorecase (Dmitry Potapov)
  $gmane/78176

* mailinfo extention to extract Message-ID and others (Anton Gladkov)
  $gmane/78006

* rebase -p
  $gmane/78074

  There is a quite well done series from Jörg Sommer I have to queue but
  I am getting the feeling that it did not get enough review from the
  list.  I am reading it through (slowly) myself, but I'd appreciate more
  review comments on the list (not limited to this series).

* synopsys: use {} instead of () for grouping alternatives (Jari Aalto)
  $gmane/72243

* "[alias] st = status" and "cd .git && git st" (Jeff King)
  $gmane/72327

* "git fetch" does not exit with non-zero status when it failed to update
  some refs due to non-ffness (Daniel)
  $gmane/77178

* use "assume unchanged" bit to implement narrow checkout
  $gmane/77046

* zlib abstraction (Marco)
  $gmane/72262

* git --index-file=<foo> <cmd> (Linus)
  $gmane/77332

* git lost-found vs git fsck --lost-found
  $gmane/78267