Subject: What's in git.git

From: Junio C Hamano <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 04 May 2006 01:14:54 -0700

* Latest maintenance release 1.3.2 is out from the 'maint' branch.

* The 'master' branch has these since the last announcement, not
  counting what is in v1.3.2.

 - blame path-pruning fix (Fredrik Kuivinen)

 - built-in push (Linus, Johannes Schindelin)

 - beginning of "put remotes/ info in config file" (Johannes Schindelin)

 - repo-config updates and fixes (Johannes Schindelin)

 - built-in count-objects and diff

 - core.prefersymlinkrefs can be given to use symlink HEAD;
   this may be needed to bisect kernel history before January
   2006 whose setlocalversion script depended on HEAD being a
   symlink.

 - "git-log --parents" fix (Linus)

 - use rev-list instead of log in git-cvsserver (Martin Langhoff)

 - sha1_to_hex() usage cleanup (Linus)

 - Document update-index --unresolve (Matthias Kestenholz)

* The 'next' branch, in addition, has these.

 - "put remotes/ info in config file" for fetch side (Johannes Schindelin)

 - built-in grep

   It now knows all the common grep options I personally use,
   including -l, -w, -E, -i, -[ABC]<n>, -v; I am planning to
   push this out perhaps mid next week.

 - built-in format-patch WIP

   I really should resume working on this again...

 - cache-tree

   Fixed a rather nasty bug; should be safe again to use it now.

 - get_sha1(): :path and :[0-3]:path to extract from index.

 - diff-delta enhancements (Nicolas Pitre)

* The 'pu' branch, in addition, has these.

 - partial tree reading/writing with --prefix option.

 - Transitively read alternatives (Martin Waitz)