Subject: Re: Be more careful about updating refs

From: Junio C Hamano <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 15 Jan 2008 16:29:54 -0800

Linus Torvalds <[email-masked]> writes:

> Signed-off-by: Linus Torvalds <[email-masked]>
> ---
>
> I'm signing off on this, but I hope people will double-check this: I 
> didn't actually test it very much.

Does "Signed-off-by:" line mean something different for you than
for other people these days?

I thought that the rule that applies to you (and only you) on
this list was that all patches from you are DCO certified and I
am free to forge your signature on them, and the other rule that
applies to everybody including you is that Signed-off-by: is
about DCO certification and not about anything else
(e.g. author's confidence level about the patch).

I am asking because you did not have S-o-b and did not say
anything about the other patch about commit object creation.
Although both patches looked sane to me.