Subject: Re: [ANNOUNCE] Git 1.7.9

From: Junio C Hamano <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 03 Feb 2012 11:41:48 -0800

Jakub Narebski <[email-masked]> writes:

>> >  RPM build errors:
>> >     Installed (but unpackaged) file(s) found:
>> >    /usr/share/locale/is/LC_MESSAGES/git.mo
>> >
>> 
>> I think it should be simply ignored at least for now.  I stopped touching
>> the rpm spec since August last year (the only reason I was running rpmbuild
>> was to install them on k.org), so I didn't notice.
>
> So for the time being something like that would be an acceptable fix?

Except that the patch probably wants to go to git.spec.in, removing that
installation target would be a good local workaround for now.

I said "local workaround", meaning that I am not all that interested in
applying such a patch myself.  Somebody who wants to do RPM needs to
decide what subpackage(s) it should go before we start accepting more po/
files, and at that time the workaround needs to be reverted.

And hopefully that should happen soonish ;-)